Monday, June 11, 2012

Mini USB to Micro USB adapter solves BlackBerry charger incompatibility issues – $1.94


blackberry usb adapter.jpg
You can explain all you want about how Research in Motion had to switch from Mini USB to Micro USB (comparison photo here) to save space on their new BlackBerry Storm, BlackBerry 8220 and BlackBerryCurve 8900. I’m not buying it. Deep down I think it’s all about selling profit-heavy doo-dads and gizmos (read accessories) at the point of purchase. Next time you’re unlucky enough to be in that vast wasteland called a cell phone store (I recommend everyone buy online and avoid the horrible retail experience) look at what the carrier’s think you should pay for a charger. Yesterday at T-Mobile they were selling charger kits for about $30 that “fit” my new BlackBerry 8900. Well, I already have enough Mini-USB chargers – thank you. What I really need is this converter for $1.94 that takes the old style Mini-USB adapter and converts it for use in the new BlackBerry models (Storm and 8900 and 8220) that make use of Micro-USB.

No comments:

Post a Comment